Last updated on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 05:37:50 PM Eastern US Time Zone
Please read the Personal Safety Equipment page.
▪ All practices described herein are to be used at the discretion & risk of the reader.
▪ Opinions expressed are those of the author or the quoted source.
▪ The author is not an employee or agent for any of the vendors referenced in the text & does not sell or represent any of the products discussed.
▪ The author is not a professional machinist or engineer.
▪ No information provided herein should be construed to represent professional advice or best practice.
▪ All information is provided to help hobbyists & other non-professionals gain a better understanding of the tools & techniques described.
▪ Care has been exercised to provide accurate information but the author cannot be held responsible for information which is incorrect or out of date.
▪ Power tools & shop practices are dangerous. Read, understand, & follow all directions & precautions provided by the equipment manufacturer.
▪ Always take all proper safety precautions such as wearing industry approved (ANSI) protective eyewear, breathing filtration, hearing protection, appropriate clothing, adequate illumination, good ventilation, & secure footing.
▪ Keep children & animals clear of the work zone.
▪ Cutting & grinding metal can result in exposure to & inhalation of toxic materials. Refer to the MSDS for the properties of a particular material.
▪ Do not place hands near cutter while the machine is operating. Wait until the cutter has completely stopped turning.
▪ Absolutely do not operate any machinery while under the influence of alcohol, medications, or other drugs.
▪ Always disconnect & lockout the machine from its power source before performing any maintenance, repair, modification, or upgrade.
▪ Directly contact the manufacturer if you have any questions or problems; often they have manuals available.
▪ Consult knowledgeable people in the appropriate forums if an equipment manual cannot be obtained.
▪ If there are any doubts about the safety of the machine or how it is going to be used, do not operate it & seek professional guidance.
▪ Your mileage may vary. Batteries not included. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.